The Brazilian Council on Samba works with and for the people who are dedicated to fostering the Brazilian culture, by supporting individual artists, business and arts organizations in presenting, and representing the culture of Brazil.
The Brazilian Council on Samba aims to ensure that its actors and professionals have a legit representation in the labor market, open new markets for their representatives, and to create culture, art and education projects based on Brazilian aesthetics and tradition.
- Support artistic excellence and creativity of Samba artists;
- Present free or affordable samba events and classes, and promote high quality workshops to better qualify the professional samba community;
- Teach the history, art and culture of samba, and its development in the world to children and adults;
- Incubate new projects, and promote cross-cultural activities, and events;
- Broaden public access, appreciation, participation, and education in the arts and culture of Samba;
- Convene field leaders, provide information and advisory support, and work with partners on special initiatives to achieve mutual goals;
- Provide recognition and professional advancement for samba artists and their organizations.
- Create, produce and coordinate the Carnaval do Povo Project;
- Create, produce and coordinate the International Samba and Carnival Forum;
- Create, produce and coordinate the International Samba and Carnival Visual Art Exhibition and Book Launching;
- Create, produce and coordinate the International Cultural Exchange Fest;
- Create, develop and present a Youth Leadership Program;
- Maintain a membership program aiming toward supporting the organization and giving access to everyone interested in getting involved with the organization.